Sunday, August 14, 2016

Until Friday Night

Image result for until friday night


Thanks to Microsoft for the book grant last fall! I still have about 15 books to read to add to the RC list.  I was inspired to read this book because I love football, and I am ready for it to be football season (2 more weeks!).  

I must admit...I wasn't in love with the synopsis of this book, but I decided to give it a try anyway.  I loved every moment of it.  It's not your typical high school football player/cheerleader combo.  The author does a great job of developing the characters and adding intensity to the situation through minor characters.  

The scenarios are a bit extreme - father dies of cancer/father kills mother, but the focus is not on the incident rather how people cope with situations and how important relationships are. I also must admit that I did cry at one point in the novel; it was worth every tear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment