Monday, August 29, 2016

Under the Lights

Image result for under the lights


I guess it is time to admit that I pre-ordered this book on Amazon, and I had it read by the end of the weekend.  Thanks to the hot Phoenix weather, I also got a nice tan.  Oops, I digressed...

The characters are what I love most about these books.  The plot isn't as developed as the characters which is a nice twist to teen novels.  I loved Willa and Gunner and Brady and pretty much every other character in the book. It isn't as much about football as the cover and title allude; it is more about how these normal teenagers cope with the lives they have been given: money doesn't always mean happiness, parents aren't always good people, friends aren't always forever, everyone has a dark secret, but hope always exists.  Although it is a sequel to Under the Lights, it follows a new story. They can definitely be read together or separately.

If you like the Hundred Oaks series or the Play series, you will love this one.  I just wonder when the next book will be released.


No comments:

Post a Comment