Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The final book of 2014...Crazy Rich Asians



What a perfect book to end 2014 and begin 2015!  I made my yearly goal of reading 12 novels, and I look forward to another year of great books.  Perhaps this year I will read more adult books and less teen novels. With a teenager in the house, I am pretty sure teen novels will rule for the next few years.

I am pretty sure the artwork attracted me to this book, and I am thankful as it was a great book.  The author, Kevin Kwan, marvels at the luxury, family tradition, vanity, and judgement of several Chinese families living in Singapore.  Rachel Chu isn't ready for all this craziness when she is invited to spend the summer in Singapore with her boyfriend, the son/grandson/nephew of one of the crazy rich Asians.  The novel has it all, and I must admit that I was obsessed once I started reading.  Note:  don't read at the pool in Orlando unless you want to get weird looks and questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment